Saturday, September 26, 2009

My daughter

So a recent commenter on here gave me a great suggestion....if I want to turn around the tone of my blog instead of just being my vent and rant center why not start off talking about my kids.

So today I will tell a little about my daughter.

She was probably the easiest pregnancy on the face of the planet. There was no morning sickness or complications no problems that so often come with being pregnant. It was funny because she didnt 'fall out' and let the world know that mommy was more then just fat until the middle of the 7th month. I got to wake up one morning and suddenly realize that I was not going to fit into any of the clothes that I owned and had to go shopping for maternity clothes. It was about this time also that my belly bouncing around from the constant onslaught of hiccups that this little creature in me was attacked by.

In the middle of the cold months she decided to make her appearance. After nearly 2 straight days of labor and the second trip to L&D she screamed hello to the world. With a TON of jet black hair and a dark complexion she looked like she got a lot of the American Indian in her that her momma gave her. She was a wonderful baby. As she grew her personality started to shine though and you couldnt help but smile when around her.

As a little girl she was always very independent and self entertaining. It made it pretty nice knowing that I didnt have to be right there with her at all times because she LOVED to do her own thing and be content as can be.

My little baby girl is starting her first term of college on Monday. At 17 she has graduated early from high school and is now taking the steps to become a true adult. It makes me cry thinking about it all. Tears of pride and tears of disbelief. Disbelief that my sweet little girl is already for all intents and purposes is no longer a little girl but is a grown up. I am ready to let go and let her fly but I am also so scared. I feel like I am going to loose her as she becomes her own and no longer mine.

But mommy must let her go. Mommy must encourage her to become the best woman she can be and support her because this is the biggest transition that she will ever face. I will never stop loving her or thinking of her as the little two year old girl with the light brown hair with the big soft curls and the big happy smile taking over her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment